Well 2017 has arrived! Hopefully everyone has had a good start to the year and not to traumatic time health wise. This time of year can be tricky for our type of illness. The Facebook page is a good way of seeking support but also providing support, also sharing information. On the Facebook page there has been some useful links that members have kindly added to the page.
Articles / Blogs:
Here are some links that have been added, hopefully you will find them as useful as I have:
- The following link is in regards to people with Fibromyalgia and not having sufficient vitamin D here is a link to a study: http://nationalpainreport.com/low-vitamin-d-can-increase-fibromyalgia-pain-and-balance-problems-8832361.html#respond
- There are lots of good articles being added from the ME Association. Here is a link to there website for further articles that may be helpful: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/me-association/
- There has been an article on news.com/au about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and the mystery of it, here is the link to this article: http://www.news.com.au/technology/science/human-body/how-alem-matthees-letter-helped-solve-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mystery/news-story/eb566e1a0f6bcaadb362818a12c2e386
- There has been an article in Naturalhealingmagazine.com about the mysteries of Fibromyalgia being found, here is what they have found: http://www.naturalhealingmagazine.com/fibromyalgia-mystery-solved-last-please-share-information-everyone-know/
- More metabolism findings have been published by meaction.net, here is a link to there findings: http://www.meaction.net/2016/12/23/fluge-mella-and-armstrong-more-support-for-disordered-metabolism-in-me-patients/?utm_source=%23MEAction+Newsletter&utm_campaign=11a03c2cab-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_01_05&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c4e623c366-11a03c2cab-351128037&mc_cid=11a03c2cab&mc_eid=6547123667
- There was a article setting out how to look after yourselves at this time of year with a lot of winter coughs and colds going about: http://www.meassociation.org.uk/2017/01/how-to-take-care-of-yourself-if-you-have-a-winter-cough-and-cold-8-january-2017/
- An article regarding what research is needed, for full information go to: http://www.healthrising.org/blog/2017/01/11/epic-measures-chronic-fatigue-fibromyalgia/
- There is an article about a U.S doctor called Dr. Pridgen and the research he is doing, here is the link to the article: http://simmaronresearch.com/2016/10/pridgen-antiviral-treatment-fibromyaligia/
- Interview with Dr. Øystein Fluge on their latest research on ME/CFS here is the discussion on this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FokQZ8jc5WM
- An article from the BBC that has said that Fibromyalgia has been recognised as a long term illness: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-37424804
- Finding new passions after finding out you have a long term illness is important, here is an article about it: https://themighty.com/2017/01/finding-new-hobbies-passions-with-illness-disability/
- An article about what happens when you have a disease doctors cannot diagnose, here is the link: https://www.ted.com/talks/jen_brea_what_happens_when_you_have_a_disease_doctors_can_t_diagnose?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=tedspread
- An article regarding Grandparents missing out on benefits when they look after a grandchild from birth, have a look here: http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/thousands-grandparents-missing-out-231-a-year-under-rules-grandparents-credit-parent-2602555
- For those that cant get to a library here is a way to find out how to get a book: http://www.dumgal.gov.uk/article/15316/Book-delivery-service
- A link to a protest to a study done on children with ME, here is the link to find out more: https://you.38degrees.org.uk/petitions/stop-magenta-study-on-me-children-using-aerobic-exercise-and-increasing-intensity?source=facebook-share-email-button&time=1473267525
What have our members been discussing, including support to them
There have many many topics talked about:
- Some members have been worrying about their health and been receiving reassurance.
- There was someone seeking advice on a P.I.P issue.
- There was a warning of a bank scam, someone calling and saying they were from BT (not someone from BT) were asked to download an app free they were then phoned again by not BT and asked to pay £20 to further improve there internet. When the person contacted there bank they found out there were plans to empty there account. Just a little heads up for people to be aware of.
- There was also notification of an exhibition of textile art and Lino printing at Livingston’s Workshop Gallery, King St, Castle Douglas from Monday 16th January to Monday 13th February 2017.
Hopefully this has been a a good month for all.