I am not sure if you will agree but for me December and January are always the most physically and mentally challenging months to manage my chronic illness due to the additional festive pressures, increase of bugs/viruses to catch and lack of daylight. To ensure you don’t miss out on all the great links posted, I have therefore combined the two months.
The following is a summary of relevant article/research links provided over these two months, provided by Facebook members. Links to all the items are included, just click on the article name, word ‘link’ or ‘article’ to open.
Articles / Blogs
- Antibiotics Might Be Stopping Immune Cells From Working Properly
- New jab to launch to prevent migraines video
- The Autumn 2017 edition of ME research magazine, ‘Breakthrough’ is available
- Grieving Your Old Self When Chronic Illness Turns You Into Someone You Don’t Like
- Small Nerves – Big, Big Problem? Drug Trial Points Finger at Autoimmunity in Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS
- The science of grounding video
- Here’s Why Some People Are Allergic to Exercise
- Time for Unrest: Why patients with ME are demanding justice
- Lady Gaga’s Public Struggle With Fibromyalgia Draws Attention to the Very Real Impact of Invisible Illness on Women
- Are you deficient in Vitamin D?
- My Complaint to the GMC about the PACE authors
- Recommendations from NICE to Use CBT and GET for ME
- Endocanabinoid Deficiency Leads to Fibromyalgia. National Pain Foundation Survey
- A Connected Scotland: Tackling social isolation and loneliness and building stronger social connections consultation
- MEA Summary Review: The dysfunctional autonomic nervous system in ME/CFS
- ‘Unrest’ over lack of care for people living with ME
- The Depression Puzzle: Are Anti-inflammatories Better Than Antidepressants? An ME/CFS and FM Perspective
- Huddersfield woman Nathalie Wright talks about the misery of living with ME
- Personal Independence payments: All 1.6 million claims to be reviewed
Members posts / local support
- Our December newsletter was posted to members, also available on our website.
- The benefits of massage for treatment was discussed.
- Vitamins, supplements and alternative therapies were discussed.
- Giving up work and support available was discussed.
- Used stamps can make money for charities; For example, you can cut round stamps leaving 5-10mm envelope and send to; The ME Association, Freepost RTKX-RZCC-ZSCR, Stromness, Orkney, KW16 3EL
- One member shared their ‘Christmas miracle’ capability assessment news, one a successful PIP, while another turned up to find their assessment cancelled.
- A ‘brain fog’ moment resulting in taking the dogs antibiotics was shared – thankfully this person has not grown any whiskers as a result of this mishap.
- ‘Unrest’ is being shown at Holyrood on 30th January. Now available on Netflix.
- One of our members is really good at sharing funny and cute pictures to lift everyone’s spirits. It’s difficult to include these due to copyright so wanted to acknowledge the contribution.
- YouTube video ‘8 Brocades Qigong Practice’ was shared as an option for exercises which could be done seated.
Take care and gentle hugs to you all Kim J (Web Support), E-mail: email@example.com. 😊